Reading Female Body Language Signals
When it comes to dating, using and reading female body language signals is a great tool. These non-verbal signals will help you in dealing with the person but stay focused on what the person is saying.
If you focus too much on their body language signals, you and/or the girl may feel uncomfortable. It is useful to be able to read female body language signals, but it is equally useful to learn how to get your body to send the right signals and eliminate the wrong signals. See below for some tel tale female body language signals.
Be Warned: Female Body Language is very much open to interpretation. Many signals have different meanings depending on the person/situation. Keep this mind when you assess female body language signals.
Note: Look for 3 or 4 signals that convey a similar message or the one-off inconsistent signal. Also, consciously practice reading and doing some of the signals as much as you can. Learning, as you practice, what works and what doesn’t work for you will help you gain confidence to use reading female body language techniques consciously.
Female Body Language Signals:
• Looking Around:
o Wants to get away
o Thinking about something else
o Bored with situation/conversation
• Stroking Chin: Evaluating you.
o Tired and that may have nothing to do with the situation/conversation
• Preening: This shows someone knows they are attractive
For example, flicking or stroking their hair or adjusting a collar and/or a tie.
• Ear Tugging:
o Possible deception
• Nodding: The occasional nod from a listener to a speaker is a positive message. It is an indication they are listening and are interested.
• Too Much Nodding: This indicates the listener has lost interest and may be bored. (Probably where the saying ‘nodding off to sleep’ came from.)
• Flushed Cheeks:
o Indicates interest in the other person
o Embarrassment (usually temporary)
• Dilated Pupils:
o Interested in someone.
o High on drugs
• High Blink Rate:
o A person who has an interest in someone will have an increased blink rate.
o Has an eye disorder
• Gazing: A woman will gaze long enough for someone to notice then will quickly look away. Her mouth may open and lips slightly wet.
• Low Voice: When interested in someone a woman may speak in a low voice.
o Sign of aggression
• Looks you in the eyes without staring: Confident, self-assured.
• Doesn’t look you in the eyes:
o Lack of confidence
o Is being deceptive
• Chewing Fingernails: Nerves. The person is not feeling secure. If they swallow, there may not be enough calcium in their diet.
• Mirroring: This is evidence of two people getting on really well. Each person copies the other’s body language, usually subtly.
Mirroring occurs with:
o Eye movement
o Leaning towards each other at the same time
o Crossed or uncrossed legs
o Speech pattern
o Arm movement, or no arm movement
o Emotive energy such as being excited, relaxed, etc. Note: If you practice this with somebody the key is to be subtle and not be a copycat. There is a natural rhythm to the process, which is the key.
• Puffing Out Chest: This has nothing to do with silicone implants. Men do this when demonstrating their attraction to someone.
• Body Space: Respect for the other person’s body space is crucial in gaining their trust. Stay at least one arm’s length away from them.
• Clears Throat:
o Has a cough/sore throat
• Backwards Moving:
• Moving Away: Sometimes there is no hidden meaning.
• Slumped Posture:
o Low self-esteem/confidence
• Directly facing you with open stance: The person is interested and you have their attention.
• Standing Upright: Reflects inner confidence and comfort level.
• Darting Eyes: Deception.
• Shifting Eyes: At the very least may be a lack of confidence or at worst it is indication of a deception. Definitely means deception when combined with a nose rub and ‘umms’ and ‘ahhs’.
• People tend to look down and to the left when lying.
• Running Fingers Through Hair:
• Open Arms:
o Energetically open and possibly feeling vulnerable
o A good way to show you are approachable, especially when combined with open palms.
• Palms Up / Open Hands:
o Defenses down
o An open heart
• Palms on Chest: When a person uses open palms that occasionally touch their chest, they are signaling honesty.
• Outward, Upward Hand Movements: This conveys an open and positive message.
• Folded Arms:
o A defense mechanism that shows the person is not open to what is being said or done
o May mean rejection
o Physically cold
o Stubborn in their outlook
• Hands Closed: A closed heart
• Doodling: Bored
o Anger and to be avoided
o Physically cold
o Very tense
o Defiant or triumphant when held in air
• Chopping Hands Down: This is an aggressive act, usually used to antagonize.
• Running Hand Along Leg: Sexually interested in the other person
• Running Hands Along Legs:
o Really sexually interested in the other person
o Getting ready to leave
• Drumming Fingers:
o May be a drummer
• Open Mouth:
o You have said something outrageous and their jaw has dropped in shock.
o The person has tried to interrupt the conversation to get a word in, but you haven’t paused.
o May be a sign of attraction
• Tilt of Hips: Sign of attraction and a good flirting tool
• Finger Pointing:
o Sign of assertiveness
o Sign of aggression
• Quick and Animated Arm and Hand Movements: Lying Note: Many honest, passionate people also do this.
• Feet Under the Chair: A sign of eagerness
• Striding Briskly:
o An outward display of confidence
• Gentle Leg Shaking:
o The person is mildly stimulated
o May need to go to toilet
• Vigorous Leg Shaking:
o Reveals apprehension and nerves
o Desperate to go to the toilet
• On Toes: Eagerness
• Pretends to kick imaginary things on ground: Frustration
• Open Feet: Reflecting and giving attention.
• Legs Entwined: A woman who is interested in someone will often cross and uncross her legs when seated.
• Open Legs: Receptive to the other person
Put these Female Body Language Signals to good use and have sex with the girl of your dreams.
Read more body language articles: